wow

Mad at Bank Of America Citi Bank Wells Fargo & Suntrust

Just some of the quotes and what's being said about charging for debit cards and raising rates or now charging for what had previously been free checking. People, find a new bank. Stay away from the national banks who took government hand outs to pay their executive bonus. Let them know you won't take it anymore by closing your account and finding a local community bank.

THE STREET
WILL YOU LEAVE BANK OF AMERICA OVER THE DEBIT CARD FEE

Bank of America is not the first to charge this fee. Other banks have also tried to find new ways to offset the revenue loss. Wells Fargo is testing a monthly fee of $3 in select markets for debit card purchases. JPMorgan Chase is test marketing a fee as well.


...the idea that Bank of America would charge customers as much as $60 a year for using debit cards to buy groceries had some of TheStreet's readers hopping mad. "I've been a customer of BAC since it was C&S, way back in 1991. I think my loyalty has finally run out," one reader wrote.


CHARLOTTESVILLE DAILY PROGRESS
"LOCAL BANKS SEE BOOST FROM CUSTOMERS FLEEING FEES"

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/business/2011/oct/09/local-banks-see-boost-customers-fleeing-fees-ar-1371513/

"The second they start charging me a fee I didn't sign on for, I'm closing my account and moving all my money"


FORBES-
CUSTOMERS ARE MAD AT BANK FEES

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/10/07/personal-finance-financials-us-turning-to-credit-unions_8723274.html

Whenever a big bank rolls out a controversial fee, customers start fuming about taking their business elsewhere


CNN MONEY
I DITCHED MY BIG BANK

BOA CHIEF -"WE HAVE A RIGHT TO MAKE A PROFIT"
http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/11/pf/bank_fees_switch/

"I dropped Bank of America like a hot potato," said Tim O'Brien a partner in a Seattle-based television advertising agency. "I felt like I was getting nickel and dimed."


PERKSTREET BLOG
MAD AT BOA AND CITI
http://blog.perkstreet.com/im-mad-about-bank-of-america-and-citibanks-new-fees-perkstreets-coo-spouts-off/

Aren't the Big Banks afraid of the customer backlash, the potential of rioting and angry tweets and Facebook posts?

No comments: