wow

Legalizing Marijuana - Seem Right For Now

"We want the world and we want it ...NOW !"  Jim Morrison

I have this feeling that there will be conversations like the ones I used to have with my grandparents about prohibition. Someday our grand kids will say, "you mean you could drink all of that you wanted, and smoke all of those you wanted, but if you wanted to smoke THAT it was illegal ?" "Yep...that was the law...and most people didn't understand the hypocrisy." If you legalize it, you unfortunately have quite a few new addicts overnight. But, I think you also, overnight, take all the power away from drug kingpins in other countries who are corrupt murderers. It's not a harmless drug, but most would agree more harm comes from legal alcohol. Seems the benefits of allowing personal choice in this matter.  outweigh the negatives.  I wonder if Pot will be legal, or even decriminalized in my home state ever.  Time will tell.  President Obama consistently says he does not think advocating legalization of cannabis is right at this time.

No comments: